Business Development Specialist
The Business Development Specialist generates and provides significant activity in the early and intermediate stages of the sales funnel, creating high-quality leads for the external recruiters to close.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Work with assigned external recruiters to develop territory specific outbound prospect lists.
- Research target accounts, monitor them for news of material changes and build overall account intelligence.
- Document research in CRM prospect management.
- Host WebEx technology demonstrations.
- Assist in supporting home office visits including hosting occasional dinners.
- Develop outbound prospect lists.
- Qualify leads and set appointments.
- Cold-call prospects on the outbound prospect lists to identify level of interest, qualify them, and determine the appropriate actions (e.g. assign them to nurturing tracks, invite to events, and pass them to external recruiters).
- Warm-call marketing qualified leads to follow up on interest, invite to events, or pass to external recruiters.
- For interested qualified leads, cultivate relationships and set up face-to-face meetings for external meetings.
- Nurture leads – reach out to prospects periodically, as part of ongoing lead nurturing campaigns; provide them information that they value.
- Document contact history in CRM prospect records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills with charismatic, resilient, persuasive positive demeanor.
- Strong work ethic, ability to achieve personal goals.
- “Hunter” mentality – relentless, able to not let rejection slow you down.
- Strong research skills and resourcefulness.
- Team player – ready and able to collaborate with others to get the job done.
- Ability to execute a high volume of outbound calls.
- College degree or equivalent industry related experience preferred.
- Sales professional with 3+ years’ experience, ideally in the financial services industry.
- Series 7 required.
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.