Financial Services - Senior Processor
The Financial Services - Senior Processor position is a great opportunity to work for an established, top 10 broker-rated independent broker/dealer. The Cashiering Department is an integral department in managing firm and client risk, while ensuring client requests are processed quickly and accurately. This position is responsible for assisting and educating advisors and staff with cashiering activities and for making effective recommendations on process improvement.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Comply with all regulatory rules, written desktop procedures and company policies
- Identify exceptions/anomalies around activities and functions processed within Cashiering and bring to Anti-money Laundering to Managements' attention immediately then work with Compliance and Management to resolve
- Identify and monitor measures, procedures and systems for quality and risk control; work with Management and Compliance on additions and changes to systems, policies and/or procedures as needed
- Generate and review daily reports
- Book checks and securities into client accounts
- Review legal paperwork for client securities and forward to clearing firm
- Process and/or approve client requests including:
- Checks, wires, journals, EFT’s, transfer and ships
- Fees charges, fee reversals, and write-offs
- Advisory fees
- One-Time IRA distributions
- Standing Instructions, Periodic Investment Plans, Systematic Withdrawal Plans
- Assist with and handle various margin disbursement related activities
- Communicate directly with advisors and staff to resolve problem issues
- Reconcile and review daily work
- Able to sign outgoing brokerage checks
- Perform safe log process
- Monitor and assist other positions within and outside the department
- Ability to train coworkers on all job functions within the department
- Ability to assist management with the department when the Supervisor is out or in meetings
- Be a first point of escalation within the department
- Ability to assist other departments as needed
- Ability to hold/lead meetings and run special projects with minimal supervision as determined by management
- Assisting management with supervising department processes.
- Principal review supervisory responsibilities.
- Take deposits to the bank, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus, and teamwork
- Must be recognized as a go-to person for questions and escalations
- Individual must be able to pass a basic math and written communication test
- Must have basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Typing with accuracy (45+ wpm) and 10-key skills are essential
- Must be able to perform duties accurately and in a timely manner
- Must routinely exercise sound business judgment and be able to work independently
- Must have ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and have acute attention to detail
- Individual must also possess strong organizational skills, problem solving skills, and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have knowledge of margin accounts
- High School Diploma required.
- College degree or some college preferred.
- 3+ years equivalent industry related experience strongly preferred.
- Series 7 required.
- Series 24 required.
- CRPS is desired, must be able to obtain within 6 months of management request.
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.