The Business Analyst is responsible for conducting analysis of business issues and challenges to develop business process models and documentation.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Define, develop and document technology requirements specific to data team specifications
- Build new technology supporting business processes and working practices.
- Develop business process models and documentation
- Effectively communicate and document business and IT information in line with agreed processes and procedures.
- Balance technology and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with both technology and business experts
- Develop, define, and build technology bias business cases that will enable business and technology change
- Implement workflow across the organization
- Recommend technology solutions to improve business decision-making with a focus on the core systems, technology strategies and standards.
- Act as liaison and participate in defining technology solutions to solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems with long-term implications
- Participate in business process and technology initiatives to improve business performance
- Participate in implementation of new business processes and functions as a result of national and regional initiatives
- Document functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflow.
- Facilitate group meetings such as Workshops
- General knowledge of business/technical analysis and financial concepts.
- Ability to translate business requirements into appropriate technical specifications
- Understanding of Independent Broker Dealer or financial services concepts
- Databases and data structures
- Written communication
- Presentation management
- Domain knowledge and able to work with senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly experienced at dealing with clients/users at all levels, singularly and in groups.
- Able to recognize potential assignments outside own areas of specialization and apply appropriate technology related expertise as necessary.
- Excellent understanding of product/technology life cycles and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Demonstrates a strong awareness of the uses of IT within the financial services industry sector and specifically within competitive or associated organizations operating in the same market.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards
- Demonstrable and significant experience of previously holding technician/programmer/engineer level roles within complex multi-platform environments
- Demonstrable and significant evidence of holding various IT related roles that evidence progression through the IT BA career path
- Evidence of troubleshooting and solving problems in a highly technical customer focused service environment
- Bachelor's degree in technology (in Computing/Software/Technology related subject) or business
- Experienced user of standard analyst collaboration tools (Confluence, JIRA)
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.