AVP, Regulatory Compliance
As a member of the Compliance Department and a recognized leader across the organization, the successful candidate will assist the firm in mitigating risk and achieving a high level of compliance with industry regulations & company policy. The Assistant Vice President will oversee regulatory requests and examinations, coordinate the complaint response process, and manage the Investigations team. This senior compliance position will serve as a primary compliance authority, and work closely with compliance, operations, and business unit leaders to ensure that the firm complies with applicable regulatory laws and regulations. This position reports to the VP, Investment Advisory Compliance.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Coordinate regulatory responses regarding State, FINRA, and SEC exams and inquiries
- Coordinate the Compliance Review Committee process, the investigatory and disciplinary arm of the compliance department
- Review potential client complaints and ensure compliance with FINRA Rule 4530
- Create, develop, and review Regulatory Compliance reports to help identify trends and risks
- Drive updates to existing policy
- Serve as a Compliance resource to Management, Producers and other departments as needed.
- Work closely with technology to address any issues or needed improvements to existing Regulatory Response systems as needed
- Be a multi-point subject matter expert for both department and enterprise-wide peers.
- Communicate firm policy with staff as well as financial advisors.
- Serve on compliance-related committees or represent the compliance perspective on other operational or business committees.
- Identify departmental risks and objectives, helping to form a strategic plan for addressing the challenges.
- Construct and oversee business case initiatives and technology requests.
The Assistant Vice President should be able to:
- Identify and prioritize departmental and regulatory risks
- Construct budgets
- Have final approval over business case initiatives and complex technology requests.
- Formulate basic strategic viewpoints for the department as a whole
- Maintain a broad network of industry colleagues
- Sound understanding of Broker/Dealer and Investment Advisory regulations
- Holistic communication style, balancing a service approach with business requirements
- Solid deductive reasoning
- Ability to assimilate data into a cohesive pattern
- Strong written communication skills with emphasis on factual reporting
- Detail oriented with strong organization & time management skills
- Skilled in communicating with subjects under investigation in a professional but empathetic manner
- Strong team player who serves as a routine point of escalation from other team members
- Capable of handling a higher level of volume or projects than less senior roles
- Ability to travel on short notice for up to a week at a time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn other internal applications
- Supervision of the Investigations team, which conducts research, field follow up, reporting and recordkeeping support for the disciplinary process, and other associated duties.
- Provide training, performance review & quality assurance, goal setting, review & approve timecards, payroll issues, etc.
- Provide input to senior management re staff salary adjustments & bonus payments.
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in financial services, preferably within a Broker-Dealer or RIA environment
- Compliance experience is required, preferably in regulatory inquiries, complaints, and/or investigations
- Series 7, 63 and 24 required
- Series 65 or Series 66 preferred
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.