VP, Senior Counsel - Corporate Transactions & Governance
The position of Senior Counsel reports to the General Counsel of Kestra and is responsible for providing securities and corporate law advice and support to business leaders in the acquisition, integration and finance areas as well as supporting the corporate governance function of the company. The position will interact with management and staff of Kestra and its subsidiaries as well as the company’s independent financial advisors.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Counsel business units and interface with outside counsel regarding mergers and acquisitions, including structure and negotiation of transactions and integration of acquired firms
- Assist with negotiating and drafting employment agreements, leases and other corporate agreements ancillary to acquisitions and working with outside counsel to accomplish same.
- Provide counsel regarding, and assisting with, corporate governance and board matters
- Draft and oversee the maintenance of various equity investment documents
- Review and revise various corporate agreements, including promissory notes and vendor agreements
- Support various business units on other general legal matters as assigned
- Other legal matters as assigned.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple and varied tasks independently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively draft written agreements
- Basic office technology knowledge (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Juris Doctorate required
- 5+ years of relevant corporate transaction experience required
- Active license to practice law in the State of Texas or, if licensed in another state, ability to obtain an active license in Texas is required
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.