The BI Developer, as part of Kestra’s Business Intelligence & Data Analytics team, will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the internal BI platform and data management capabilities. This role involves data integration and management, report development and analytics in relational and analytical environments, and support of all downstream data warehousing and ETL. The position requires attention to detail and quality, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to multi-task, and adherence to IT standards and change management. The BI team serves at an enterprise level, building common frameworks that support business analysis capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Analyze and evaluate current BI data, processes, and infrastructure to proactively identify data redundancy and make recommendations for data consolidation, standardization and process improvement, in support of current and future enterprise Data Governance and Master Data Management principles
- Design and develop Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services programming objects for gathering, manipulating, and loading data
- Manage, monitor, and improve BI platform error handling and performance monitoring capabilities to optimize and/or proactively address potential systems or process issues
- Creation and ownership of Business Intelligence-related queries and calculations in support of enterprise-wide reporting and analytics
- Perform and/or automate varying levels of data quality and stewardship tasks
- Documentation of established data models, processes and infrastructure related to reporting and analytics platforms
- Serve as a liaison with other departments to ensure proper considerations are given to data management as new data and reporting needs are introduced across the enterprise
- Strong SQL, SSIS and MS Power BI (5+ years)
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS and MDX query language preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with data integration – ETL
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Snowflake DB experience nice to have
- C# and .Net framework nice to have
- High School graduate or equivalent
- College degree or equivalent industry related experience preferred
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.