Account Services Specialist I
The Account Services Specialist I reports to the Director, Onboarding Operations. The primary responsibility of this position is to establish and maintain a wide variety of account and product types, focusing on non-Advisory and Advisory brokerage accounts. The employee will utilize various tools in order to efficiently and accurately establish and maintain client accounts while providing high levels of quality and service to our advisors and their staff.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Enter new account data into AdvisorComplete℠ for existing and transitioning firms
- Review for completeness of new accounts entered in AdvisorComplete by the field
- Answer questions regarding paperwork requirements and the status of new accounts and transfers
- Contact representative’s offices when paperwork is not in good order (NIGO)
- Initiate incoming transfers and direct rollovers
- Forward outgoing transfer paperwork to appropriate recipient (NFS, Cashiering or Trading)
- Work with Sales Supervision to resolve paperwork issues
- Add, remove, or update special account features (check writing, margin, periodic IRA distributions)
- Convert accounts from managed to non-managed or non-managed to managed
- Establish Systematic Withdrawal Plans (SWP)
- Establish Periodic Investment Plans for transitioning firms (PIP)
- Process name change & SSN corrections
- Update address and suitability information, where needed, on client accounts in AdvisorComplete and FBSI
- Organize client files in LaserFiche so that we have complete client records
- Update account status for terminated reps
- Handle account closures in a timely manner
- Educate representatives and their assistants on how to use AdvisorComplete
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of reinvention, advocacy and integrity to empower advisor success
- Support department efforts 24 hour processing standards (e.g. cross-train in other areas as asked by manager/supervisor)
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Employees must have ability to operate office equipment: Fax machine, Copier, & multi-line Telephone systems
- Must be detail oriented with excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be capable of gaining industry-related knowledge; Read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Individual must possess strong analytical, problem solving, communication skills (verbal and written)
- May be required to work overtime as necessary due to heavier volumes (especially in December, March and April)
- Must maintain a positive attitude
- High School graduate or equivalent
- College degree or equivalent industry related experience preferred
- Financial services industry experience required
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.